A fibrous protein forming the main structural constituent of hair, feathers, hoofs, claws, horns, etc.
More example sentences
- Cells are laced with a network of fibres more rigid than the rope-like structural proteins collagen and keratin.
- Amino acids are absorbed by the body to help build keratin, the main protein in hair.
- Cat claws are made of keratin, a protein also found in human nails.
- More example sentences
- The origin of this reflection, which is the fingerprint on the diffraction pattern of the coiled coil structure in keratinous tissues, was unclear until this recent study.
- We report a case of an unusual inflammatory reaction and multiple keratinous nodules in a thyroglossal cyst.
- The invention also concerns methods and devices for bleaching and permanent waving of keratinous fibres using said composition.
Definition of keratin in:
- The British & World English dictionary