An eastern Asian shrub of the rose family, cultivated for its yellow flowers, especially the double-flowered variety.
- Kerria japonica, family Rosaceae
More example sentences
- This is cheap and easy to do with specimens such as berberis, buddleia, cornus, kerria, philadelphus, spirea and willow.
- Imagine the envious looks on neighbors faces as the first burst of bulbs, primrose, and pulmonaria gives way to a riot of color as your azaleas and rhodies harmonize with kerria and viburnums.
- When we moved to a bedraggled wood 10 years ago, we were greeted the following spring by the exuberant golden blossoms of kerria.
early 19th century: modern Latin, named after William Ker(r) (died 1814), English botanical collector.
Definition of kerria in:
- The British & World English dictionary