- Any of several combinations of sharps or flats after the clef at the beginning of each stave indicating the key of a composition.More example sentences
- Guidelines for clefs, key signatures, bar-lines, and notes are similarly drawn in.
- For example, the given notated B-flat cornet part has a key signature of one sharp.
- The student soon realizes that key signatures with the resulting sharps or flats are the consequence of a consistent melodic sequence contained within a scale pattern.
More definitions of key signatureDefinition of key signature in:
- The British & World English dictionary