1A panel of keys that operate a computer or typewriter.
- Input devices may consist of computer mice, keyboards, pixels of one or more video cameras, wearable computer devices, or other sensors with which users can interact.
- Everyone who has a computer has a keyboard, but not everyone has a joystick or gamepad.
- Typewriting institutes are becoming an oddity, as manual typewriters are swept away by word processing software and computer keyboards.
2A set of keys on a piano or similar musical instrument.
- With the invention of the transportable keyboard, pianists may own their keyboards, which can be installed in any piano of a given make and model.
- A great idea, but I'm not sure how helpful this would be for the person who knows nothing of the piano keyboard.
- Do you use such props as audio or video recorders, or a piano keyboard?
2.1An electronic musical instrument with keys arranged as on a piano: she plays keyboard and guitar
More example sentences
- Yet, worship leaders, armed with electronic keyboards and bass guitars, may not be theologically, let alone liturgically trained.
- By the late 1990s, electric guitars, keyboards, and snare drums were common in urban areas.
- The ballet is set to Bach organ music, played on electronic keyboards geared to duplicate the sound of a traditional pipe organ.
Enter (data) by means of a keyboard.
- As I pointed out above, keyboarding itself lacks the expressiveness and variability of handwriting.
- So keyboarding it was and his music became more than just a pastime.
- By automating frequently used procedures, a macro program can save on both mousing and keyboarding.
- sense 1 of the noun.Example sentences
- How long can a space bar - which operates off a single, central point - hold up to a keyboarder who always hits it off-center, with the right thumb?
- It was much better for the keyboarders to enter these as they encountered them in the article.
- The use of a single center for each hand has an added advantage for beginning keyboarders and those whose have poor finger control.
Words that rhyme with keyboardfreeboard, seaboard
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of keyboard in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.