Definition of kiang in English:
An animal of a large race of the Asian wild ass with a thick furry coat, native to the Tibetan plateau.
- Equus hemionus kiang, family Equidae; sometimes treated as a separate species. Compare with onager
- The following day, after finding an unmapped spring where we are able to water the camels, we cross a mountain pass into yet another seemingly endless plain, where we see more wild camels, wild sheep, and kiangs.
- In some villages of Nyalam County, bharals and kiangs ate 40 percent of highland barley each year.
- The range of kiangs overlap with the pasture of some nomads at the southern part of the reserve.
Mid 19th century: from Tibetan kyang.
Words that rhyme with kiangbang, Battambang, bhang, clang, Da Nang, dang, fang, gang, hang, harangue, Kuomintang, Kweiyang, Laing, Luang Prabang, meringue, Nanchang, Pahang, pang, parang, Penang, prang, Pyongyang, rang, sang, satang, Shang, shebang, Shenyang, slambang, slang, spang, sprang, Sturm und Drang, tang, thang, trepang, twang, vang, whang, Xizang, yang, Zaozhuang
Definition of kiang in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.