Definition of kicker in English:
1A person or animal that kicks.
- I found something quite significant while watching the tapes: the best underwater kickers don't kick parallel to the surface.
- The kicker cannot kick and walk at the same time and therefore he is required to stop each time that he kicks, a continually moving target will really frustrate most attempts to kick.
- Now, with those wars long past, both the puppy kickers and the apple-pie lovers are being trumped by the art historians - who want to give Rockwell a higher position in the pantheon of American art.
1.1The player in a team who scores by kicking or who kicks to gain positional advantage.
- He tells his players there are no kickers on his team - no specialists.
- Some people don't even consider kickers football players because so few take or deliver hits.
- This will eliminate unapproved high kicking tees that kickers have used to give their forwards a high hanging ball.
2North American informal An unexpected and often unpleasant discovery or turn of events: the kicker was you couldn’t get a permit
More example sentences
- In any event, the kicker will be what Costello is waiting gleefully to exploit: how will they pay for it?
- But here's the kicker, we market it straight at kids.
- And there's a kicker at the end, as cleverly foreshadowed by this link…
2.1An extra clause in a contract: Hale added a kicker to the mortgage
More example sentences
- Many investors like to buy investment trusts, as investing when discounts are large can add a extra kicker to their returns.
- However, there's no reason to suspect that long-term interest rates will continue to fall, meaning that bond investors will no longer get that extra kicker in their returns.
- This means there is no extra performance kicker from your option - if the market goes up or down 10 per cent, the value of your equity option goes up or down the exact same amount.
Words that rhyme with kickerbicker, clicker, dicker, flicker, liquor, nicker, picker, pricker, shicker, slicker, snicker, sticker, ticker, tricker, vicar, whicker, Wicca, wicker
Definition of kicker in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.