- A fine-grained white mineral consisting of hydrated magnesium sulfate, occurring often in salt mines in Europe and India.More example sentences
- Bish and his Los Alamos colleagues believe that the proportion and distribution of hexahydrite, kieserite and other magnesium sulfate salts on Mars may hold a record of past changes in climate and whether or not water once flowed there.
- Crystal chemical aspects of the Mg-sulfate hydrate mineral kieserite, which has been identified on the Martian surface.
- Translucent crystalline mass of kieserite with white alteration products.
mid 19th century: from the name of Dietrich G. Kieser (1779–1862), German physician, + -ite1.
More definitions of kieseriteDefinition of kieserite in:
- The British & World English dictionary