Definition of kiln in English:
A furnace or oven for burning, baking, or drying, especially one for calcining lime or firing pottery.
- Photographs of winding towers and cooling towers, of silos, lime kilns and blast furnaces, of coal bunkers and gravel plants.
- The site contains several scheduled monuments, including beehive coking ovens, calcining kilns, blowing engine houses, and a unique lift tower which was used to transport material to the top of the furnaces.
- In 1987, excavations in the Calle Pureza in Triana, the pottery district of Seville, brought to light a collapsed kiln full of pottery wasters.
verb[with object] Back to top
Burn, bake, or dry in a kiln.
- This maritime flavour is reinforced by the strong peat presence, both in the nearby freshwater source and during the kilning of the malt.
- In Vidyaranyapura alone, there are 32 houses that vindicate his philosophy: they are eco-constructions that use building materials from the site - mud bricks that are not kilned - and require no plastering.
- This smokiness is maybe a bi-product of the heavily kilned and roasted malts and you get this full flavour at a slightly warmer temperature of 10-12 degrees centigrade.
Words that rhyme with kilnAnguillan, Dillon, Dylan, Macmillan, Milne, villain
Definition of kiln in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.