Definition of kiln in English:
A furnace or oven for burning, baking, or drying, especially one for calcining lime or firing pottery.
- Photographs of winding towers and cooling towers, of silos, lime kilns and blast furnaces, of coal bunkers and gravel plants.
- The site contains several scheduled monuments, including beehive coking ovens, calcining kilns, blowing engine houses, and a unique lift tower which was used to transport material to the top of the furnaces.
- In 1987, excavations in the Calle Pureza in Triana, the pottery district of Seville, brought to light a collapsed kiln full of pottery wasters.
verb[with object] Back to top
Burn, bake, or dry in a kiln.
- This maritime flavour is reinforced by the strong peat presence, both in the nearby freshwater source and during the kilning of the malt.
- In Vidyaranyapura alone, there are 32 houses that vindicate his philosophy: they are eco-constructions that use building materials from the site - mud bricks that are not kilned - and require no plastering.
- This smokiness is maybe a bi-product of the heavily kilned and roasted malts and you get this full flavour at a slightly warmer temperature of 10-12 degrees centigrade.
Words that rhyme with kilnAnguillan, Dillon, Dylan, Macmillan, Milne, villain
Definition of kiln in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan