, abbreviation: km)
- A metric unit of measurement equal to 1,000 meters (approximately 0.62 miles).More example sentences
- A meter is about three feet and three inches and a kilometer equals about six tenths of a mile.
- As with metres and kilometres, we need some new units, or we'd need a lot of zeroes!
- Next we will be having our speedometers changed from miles per hour to kilometres per hour.
- More example sentences
- The HST images were obtained during a campaign by the Cassini spacecraft to measure the solar wind approaching Saturn and the Saturn kilometric emissions.
- Normal displacements are pervasive from the millimetric to the kilometric scales.
More definitions of kilometerDefinition of kilometer in:
- The British & World English dictionary