- Natural selection in favor of behavior by individuals that may decrease their chance of survival but increases that of their kin (who share a proportion of their genes).More example sentences
- But kin selection theory explains altruistic behaviour as a clever strategy devised by selfish genes as a way of increasing their representation in the gene-pool, at the expense of other genes.
- A prerequisite for individuals accruing advantages through kin selection is interaction among relatives.
- A predominant theory of social evolution is kin selection, which notes that it is advantageous for individuals to help their relatives because it increases the number of their shared genes in future generations.
More definitions of kin selectionDefinition of kin selection in:
- The British & World English dictionary