Definition of kindness in English:
1The quality of being friendly, generous, and considerate.
- A special thank you to neighbors and friends for their kindness, support and help.
- Thank you to the Counsells and Beardsleys for their kindness and generosity and hospitality.
- The couple say they have been left speechless by the kindness and generosity of friends and neighbours.
1.1A kind act: it is a kindness I shall never forget
More example sentences
- I don't know exactly what my father hoped to accomplish by denying us this most basic of human kindnesses.
- I grew to love and respect Xavier, who showed me many small kindnesses like tying my shoe-laces, wiping my nose or offering me the odd sweet.
- And so, rather than make a simple barter or exchange between two people, we'd be part of a chain of kindnesses, passed on from one person to another, and that chain would be unbroken as long as people just kept doing it.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan