Definition of king cobra in English:
A brownish cobra with an orange-cream throat patch, native to southern Asia. It is the largest of all venomous snakes. Also called hamadryad.
- Ophiophagus hannah, family Elapidae
- Likening his unblinking stare to a king cobra on the verge of striking, she notes that Pirabhakaran had ‘gone taut, all ready to spring.’
- On her tail was a snake-like demon that stood about human-height, with arms stretching nearly to the floor, and a curved, hood of a head, much like that of a king cobra.
- A king cobra's nest was discovered on May 1 near the house of Mogappa, a coffee and cardamom grower, near Kumarahalli Bachahalli in Kodagu.
Definition of king cobra in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan