Definition of king penguin in English:
A large penguin native to Antarctic islands as well as the Falklands and other subantarctic islands.
- Aptenodytes patagonica, family Spheniscidae
- Similar in size to present-day yellow-eyed or king penguins, Waimanu penguins stood about 26 to 30 inches tall.
- The rest stay aboard a 233-foot Finnish research vessel, taking day trips to see the island's king penguins, elephant seals, and giant petrels.
- While king penguins are a sub-Antarctic species, being based on islands dotted around the continent, emperor penguins are animals of the deep south.
Definition of king penguin in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia