- An upright post in the center of a roof truss, extending from the tie beam to the apex of the truss.More example sentences
- Bracket sets with two arms support the four-rafter beams; there are straight braces known as timu; and a king post is present in the roof truss.
- In the process, the various components acquired names according to their place in this system - king post, hammer beam, purlin, sill, and so forth - names that are still used today.
- First, as Su notes, a king post is used in the shrine's roof truss.
More definitions of king postDefinition of king post in:
- The British & World English dictionary