1chiefly derogatory A minor king.
- The passage also reveals, incidentally, that an Ethiopian prince or kinglet ruled at that time over at least a province of South Arabia.
- What we have is a collection of contemporaneous kinglets, not one strong king.
2chiefly North American A very small greenish bird with a bright orange or yellow crown.
- Genus Regulus, family Sylviidae: several species, e.g., the American golden-crowned kinglet (R. satrapa).
- Winter bird communities in pine forests of the southeastern United States are composed of residents and potentially large numbers of overwintering migrants, including sparrows, warblers, finches, kinglets, and woodpeckers.
- These travellers would also leave the area later, but now they feasted on the abundance of wild berries and seeds, fuelling up for flight, their large presence dwarfing tiny resident ruby-crowned kinglets with their just as tiny voices.
- A tiny kinglet just flitted through the branches, only a few feet from me.
Words that rhyme with kingletringlet, springlet, winglet
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of kinglet in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.