- An agricultural worker; a peasant.More example sentences
- Schools and shops closed: milkmaids and cowherds had taken a holiday; the kisan and his helpmate took a temporary respite from their dawn-to-dusk programme of hard work in field and home.
- The rest of us, the small kisans, are doing very badly.
- That spells good news not only for the kisan but for the entire populace.
1930s: Hindi kisān, from Sanskrit kṛṣāṇa 'person who plows'.
More definitions of kisanDefinition of kisan in:
- The British & World English dictionary