Definition of kishke in English:
1A beef intestine stuffed with a seasoned filling.
- They include kishke (a sausage filled with a flour-and-onion stuffing) and various knaidlach - all part of the dumpling family of foods.
- Where else can you get a latke Ruben, a side of kishke and a Dr. Brown's cream soda to wash it down?
- The cooked kishke can range in color from grey-white to brownish-orange, depending on how much paprika is used.
1.1 (usually kishkes) US informal A person’s guts.
- Maybe a whole wagon load out there in the rain, and on a night like this, who knows, they'll be wanting a few nips to warn their kishkes!
- And yet so much experience is from a different place, the place of the viscera, the kishkes.
- I'm flirting my little kishkes off when the crowd starts whooping and hollering.
Definition of kishke in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan