- A dessert made from fruit juice or puree, boiled with sugar and water and thickened with potato or cornstarch.More example sentences
- One doesn't have to waste much time and effort in order to make our kissels and compotes.
- You will also love the honey mousse, and the tasty kissel made with sweetened cranberries.
- I like my kissel a bit on the sour side, so I tend to use redcurrant juice, cranberries, rhubarb or lingonberries as a starting base.
from Russian kiselʹ, from a base shared by kislyĭ 'sour'.
More definitions of kisselDefinition of kissel in:
- The British & World English dictionary