Definition of kit fox in English:
A small nocturnal fox with a yellowish-gray back and large, close-set ears, found in the deserts and plains of the southwestern US.
- Vulpes macrotis, family Canidae
- They became the first naturalists to describe several animals, including the coyote, kit fox, Oregon bobcat and the wolf of the plains.
- A kit fox family alone may use up to 50 burrows in a season, moving its young every few days.
- California's third largest forest is home to more than 20 threatened and endangered species, such as the San Joaquin kit fox, the hybrid blunt-nosed leopard lizard and the California condor.
early 19th century: kit probably from kit2 (because of its small size).
Definition of kit fox in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India