Definition of kitesurfing in English:
The sport or pastime of riding on a modified surfboard while holding on to a specially designed kite, using the wind for propulsion. Also called kiteboarding.
- Enthusiasts say the extreme sport of kitesurfing, in which a massive wind-powered kite propels a surfer on a small board to defy gravity, can prove more exciting than sex.
- Kitesurfing is really taking off, and beginners can take a certified course with Mark Warner at its Lakitira and San Agostino beach clubs in Greece.
- Then tomorrow I have a free day, so fingers crossed the wind will be good as I plan to hit the sea and go kitesurfing.
kitesurfer noun ( trademark )
- Example sentences
- Elite kitesurfers, on launching themselves from the crest of a wave, can fly 90 ft into the air and up to 300 ft across the water, performing manoeuvres that are almost balletic.
- The hotel hosting the wedding was right by one of North Devon's premier surf beaches, so during the ceremony you could glance out the window at no less than six kitesurfers.
- Australias best kitesurfers will compete in Byron Bay for the first time this week in the inaugural Summer's End Kitesurfing Competition.
Definition of kitesurfing in:
- British & World English dictionary