- An electron tube that generates or amplifies microwaves by velocity modulation.More example sentences
- Modern circular accelerators place klystrons and electromagnets around a circular copper tube to speed up particles.
- The electrons travel through the klystron in cavities, where their speed is regulated.
- These klystrons will be replaced by devices designed to operate for a duration of 1000 s, which are currently being tested.
1930s: from Greek kluzein, klus- 'wash over' + -tron.
More definitions of klystronDefinition of klystron in:
- The British & World English dictionary