- A type of short, fat, highly seasoned German sausage.More example sentences
- The traditional German restaurant, serving schnitzel, bratwurst, knackwurst, sauerbraten, and large quantities of beer, is rapidly disappearing in Germany.
- For a cheap snack, sausage sandwiches with knackwurst sell for $5.45.
- Spaghetti from Italy, sushi from Japan, egg rolls from China, knockwurst from Germany, burritos from Mexico are offered side by side as typical foods of choice.
mid 20th century: from German Knackwurst, from knacken 'make a cracking noise' + Wurst 'sausage'.
More definitions of knackwurstDefinition of knackwurst in:
- The British & World English dictionary