Definition of kneecap in English:
The convex bone in front of the knee joint; the patella.
- It affects the cartilage on the back of the kneecap and causes pain and stiffness, especially when going up and down stairs.
- The tendon that connects the kneecap to the thigh muscle (patellar tendon) can be torn if the knee is bent too far back.
- He needs more surgery, this time to graft together the bone in the kneecap.
verb (kneecaps, kneecapping, kneecapped)[with object] Back to top
Shoot (someone) in the knee or leg as a form of punishment: (as noun kneecapping) petty crimes are punished by kneecapping
More example sentences
- Three years earlier Mr Smith had kneecapped him, breaking his leg with a baseball bat after drugs he was looking after went missing, the jury heard.
- Would you be afraid to meet him late at night in a dark alley, just in case he was carrying a crowbar and threatening to kneecap you?
- The less-than-dynamic duo may yet get it right, especially if they can stop kneecapping themselves with stupid stunts.
Definition of kneecap in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan