- 1 (knickerbockers) see knickers.More example sentences
- About 30 followers, many in red waistcoats and green knickerbockers, gathered yesterday to mark the last official hare hunt.
- Pupils came to school in historic costume, including Eton collars for the boys and three-quarter length knickerbockers and pinafores for the girls.
- Turton FC was founded in 1871 and in 1873 issued a book of rules showing that the Harrow form of football was played and that the club colours were blue knickerbockers, white stockings and white jerseys.
- 2 (Knickerbocker) A New Yorker.More example sentences
- They were among the oldest of the Knickerbockers on this island.
- Unlike the old Knickerbocker establishment, where birth and breeding gave social standing, in this democratic meritocracy it is the prestige of your job that tells us where you are in the social order.
- More example sentences
- In the very early 1980s, the bar was the rather unlikely official meeting place for the city's wannabe Blitz kids - the original New Romantics, in all their knickerbockered glory.
- He's gone all-out on his art-deco theming, and not a detail seems to have been missed, from the knickerbockered porters to the 1920s music to the characteristic typeface on the room-number plaques.
More definitions of knickerbockerDefinition of knickerbocker in:
- The British & World English dictionary