noun (plural knights bachelor)
- A knight not belonging to any particular order.More example sentences
- In 1843 there were 451 knights bachelor and 787 members of the orders, but these numbers swelled rapidly, and by 1915 there were over 4,000 members of orders.
- However, most knights were not members of an order at all, but knights bachelor.
- In the recent birthday honours only one of the 25 new knights bachelor was from health care, and he was a chairman of a regional office of the NHS Executive.
More definitions of knight bachelorDefinition of knight bachelor in:
- The British & World English dictionary