Definition of knowledge base in English:
1A store of information or data that is available to draw on.
- The existing knowledge base lacks information on at least four key areas of mental health care and delivery.
- Individuals can benefit from increasing their knowledge base.
- Members of a profession or occupational community share a common understanding and knowledge base.
2The underlying set of facts, assumptions, and rules that a computer system has available to solve a problem.
- Following a year of development, CESA had 246 rules in its knowledge base.
- Some programmed characteristics are associated with specific units resident in the system's knowledge base.
- Finally in the management layer there is a knowledge base that includes system topology, calendars, activity logs and policy information.
Definition of knowledge base in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan