Definition of koa in English:
A large Hawaiian forest tree that yields dark red timber.
- Acacia koa, family Leguminosae
- The first native trees encountered are some koas that form a canopy over the trail.
- His early attempts to nurture Hawaiian natives like koa, ohia lehua, and lama trees were disappointing.
- All that engineering comes with a walnut and Hawaiian koa veneer.
early 19th century: from Hawaiian.
Definition of koa in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan