Definition of koa in English:
A large Hawaiian forest tree that yields dark red timber.
- Acacia koa, family Leguminosae
- The first native trees encountered are some koas that form a canopy over the trail.
- His early attempts to nurture Hawaiian natives like koa, ohia lehua, and lama trees were disappointing.
- All that engineering comes with a walnut and Hawaiian koa veneer.
Early 19th century: from Hawaiian.
Definition of koa in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.