Definition of kochia in English:
A shrubby Eurasian plant of the goosefoot family, grown for its decorative foliage, which turns deep fiery red in the autumn. Also called burning bush, summer cypress.
- Bassia (formerly Kochia) scoparia, family Chenopodiaceae
- This can help control early emerging summer annuals such as kochia if they aren't ALS-resistant.
- It controls many broadleaf weeds including kochia, both triazine resistant and ALS resistant biotypes.
- Several weed species, including kochia, Russian thistle, and field sandbur are extremely drought tolerant.
late 19th century: named after Wilhelm D. J. Koch (1771–1849), German botanist.
Definition of kochia in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan