noun (plural kolos)
- A Slavic dance performed in a circle.More example sentences
- The popular kolo or circle dance is performed to the accompaniment of the tamburitsa, a traditional mandolin-like stringed instrument.
- The nijemo kolo is a circle dance performed to foot stamping rather than music.
- Serbian folk dances are called kolos, and are performed by professional troupes, or by guests at weddings and other special occasions.
late 18th century: Croatian, literally 'wheel'.
More definitions of koloDefinition of kolo in:
- The British & World English dictionary