noun (plural same)
- A hartebeest, in particular one of a pale yellowish-brown race found in Kenya and Tanzania.
More example sentences
- Alcelaphus buselaphus cokii, family Bovidae
- However, even this broad pattern is not universal, for giraffes, impalas, and kongoni have their peak of births at the driest time of year.
- The kongoni is perhaps the most anomalous species in our sample.
early 20th century: from Kiswahili.
More definitions of kongoniDefinition of kongoni in:
- The British & World English dictionary