- An instrument that measures the amount of dust in the air by directing a measured volume of air onto a greased slide to which any dust present will stick.More example sentences
- Four sets of simultaneous samples were taken by konimeter for sampling asbestos dust.
- Four sets of simultaneous samples were taken by konimeter and thermal precipitator in South African asbestos mines and/or fiberising plants between 1940 and 1967.
- On the basis of multiple linear regression analyses of the relationship of concentrations obtained with the konimeter, the thermal precipitator and the membrane filtre in four different asbestos manufacturing processes, it was established that no single conversion factor may be used for the interconversion of results obtained by different methods.
early 20th century: from Greek konis 'dust' + -meter.
More definitions of konimeterDefinition of konimeter in:
- The British & World English dictionary