Relating to North or South Korea or its people or language.
- Pierce came home to North America determined to find sponsors for Korean orphans.
- It was headed north toward the Korean Straits between Kyushu and the Korean peninsula.
- Most Korean parents want their children to retain their Korean language and heritage.
1A native or inhabitant of North or South Korea, or a person of Korean descent.
- There are a lot of Chinese women here who are not ethnic Koreans, and their life is much harder.
- The Koreans and the Turks are still way up there, though so are the Czechs and the Slovaks.
- In doing this, he renewed an issue many Koreans and Chinese feel very strongly about.
2The language of Korea, which has has its own writing system and may be distantly related to Japanese.
- The book has been translated into English, French, German, Japanese, Korean and Greek.
- I wonder whether Mr John Davy can speak Chinese, Korean, and Japanese, on top of his other skills?
- Later these were translated into Tibetan, Chinese, Mongolian, Korean, Japanese and so forth.
Words that rhyme with Koreanantipodean, Crimean, Judaean
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of Korean in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.