noun (plural kotos)
- A Japanese zither about six feet long, with thirteen silk strings passed over small movable bridges.More example sentences
- By high school he was proficient at the koto, viola, clarinet and electric guitar.
- They were playing a loop of anonymous koto music that was rather soothing.
- Performances of the koto are also featured in the evenings in early April.
late 18th century: Japanese.
More definitions of kotoDefinition of koto in:
- The British & World English dictionary