Definition of krait in English:
A highly venomous Asian snake of the cobra family.
- Genus Bungarus, family Elapidae: several species, including the black and yellow banded krait (B. fasciatus) . See also sea krait
- According to a study conducted by SPCA in the area, there are kraits, cobras and vipers in the area.
- Snakes are common in Cuc Phuong; some, such as the banded krait, are deadly poisonous.
- In northern Kerala it was mainly the bite of the Russell's viper and down here in Tamil Nadu, it is a mixture of the cobra and the krait.
Late 19th century: from Hindi karait.
Definition of krait in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan