- Stunted windblown trees growing near the tree line on mountains.More example sentences
- Indeed this is observed: there are often slowly growing populations of seedlings, saplings and krummholz trees above the tree line.
- Our chill mountaion camp on the chilcotin side of the Coast Mountains lay near the treeline, where clearcut gave way to krummholz, the low, twisty trees of the alpine tundra.
- Wood samples were taken from heavily damaged areas of 22 black spruce krummholz at eight den sites and from four trees located near the dens but with no apparent damage.
early 20th century: from German, literally 'crooked wood'.
More definitions of krummholzDefinition of krummholz in:
- The British & World English dictionary