- A high-speed solid-state switching device that is triggered by a pulse of coherent light and is used in the triggers of nuclear devices.More example sentences
- No special licenses had been granted by the U.S. for the export of krytrons in its possession.
- It returned the krytrons to the United States and claimed they were not intended for a nuclear use.
- It returned 469 of the krytrons but the rest, they declared, had been destroyed in testing conventional weapons.
late 20th century: first element of obscure derivation + -tron.
More definitions of krytronDefinition of krytron in:
- The British & World English dictionary