1Praise and honor received for an achievement.
- Still a win is a win and the champs will find a way to win when its necessary so kudos to Detroit.
- The lone conductor never stood a chance of subduing them, but kudos to her for trying anyway.
- Now on the surface this sounds like a right reasonable question to ask and kudos to the guy who brought it up.
1.1 informal, chiefly North American Compliments or congratulations: kudos to everyone who put the event together
More example sentences
- Kudos to Szokolay for devoting part of his program to some of the composer's underrated keyboard gems.
- Kudos to the wonderful children who did their teacher proud, winning applause from her gurus in whose honour the mega event was held.
- Kudos to President Tadic of Serbia for arresting him.
Late 18th century: Greek.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.