Definition of kudos in English:
1Praise and honor received for an achievement.
- Still a win is a win and the champs will find a way to win when its necessary so kudos to Detroit.
- The lone conductor never stood a chance of subduing them, but kudos to her for trying anyway.
- Now on the surface this sounds like a right reasonable question to ask and kudos to the guy who brought it up.
1.1 informal , chiefly North American Compliments or congratulations: kudos to everyone who put the event together
More example sentences
- Kudos to Szokolay for devoting part of his program to some of the composer's underrated keyboard gems.
- Kudos to the wonderful children who did their teacher proud, winning applause from her gurus in whose honour the mega event was held.
- Kudos to President Tadic of Serbia for arresting him.
Late 18th century: Greek.
Words that rhyme with kudosextrados • reredos • intrados
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan