(also kudzu vine)
- A quick-growing eastern Asian climbing plant with reddish-purple flowers, used as a fodder crop and for erosion control. It has become a pest in the southeastern US.
More example sentences
- Pueraria lobata, family Leguminosae
- The scrub that borders the tracks is overgrown with kudzu, an imported plant that strangles the natives.
- This is a lesson that Southern farmers would have done well to remember when they were planting kudzu in the thirties.
- Of course, a plant could have too many survival skills - look at kudzu here in the South, for example.
late 19th century: from Japanese kuzu.
More definitions of kudzuDefinition of kudzu in:
- The British & World English dictionary