Definition of kurrajong in English:
An Australian plant that produces useful tough fiber.
- Several species, in particular a small tree with shiny pointed leaves and boat-shaped leathery seed cases (Brachychiton populneus, family Sterculiaceae)
- In addition, those strange looking boab trees, tall livistona palms, beautiful water lilies, colourful kapok bushes and kurrajong trees are all special sights across this unique landscape.
- The house is protected by a tree lined driveway which features Himalayan cedars, Chinese elms, white cedars, peppercorns, kurrajongs, jacarandas, bunyah trees and an abundance of olives.
- Tall desert oaks grow in the swales between the dunes, and stately desert kurrajongs dot the rolling hills between the ranges.
Early 19th century: from Dharuk garrajung 'fiber fishing line'.
Definition of kurrajong in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan