Definition of labor party in English:
1A political party formed to represent the interests of ordinary working people.
- The KCTU has been the power base for the labor party and the two still maintain close ties.
- In all of these countries the existence of strong labor parties was a factor in these policies.
- Those people who gave healthy donations to the labor party will be looking for healthy paybacks.
1.1 (the Labor Party) A major party in Israel, Australia, and certain other countries.
- It's about the Labor Party at very senior level, a Labor Party that I think can do a lot better.
- This would have been true of any Labor Party nominee.
- Although I'm out of politics these days, I don't believe there's any reason why I shouldn't attend a Liberal Party function or even, for that matter, a Labor Party function or any other political party function.
1.2 variant spelling of Labour Party.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan