- An organized association of workers, often in a trade or profession, formed to protect and further their rights and interests.More example sentences
- Stunned by the closure order to 660 dyeing units here, political parties, trade bodies and labour unions have rallied behind the dyeing industry and appealed to the State and Central Governments to pull the industry out of the crisis.
- The leaders of four big labour unions, grouping four million workers from Romania's main industries, reacted by pledging to go ahead with a two-hour nationwide stoppage planned on April 19, followed by an general strike one week later.
- Hau recapped the history of the labour union, pointing out the various challenges members faced, including the impacts of the market economy, the re-arrangement of State enterprises, and employment demands.
More definitions of labor unionDefinition of labor union in:
- The British & World English dictionary