Definition of laburnum in English:
A small European tree that has hanging clusters of yellow flowers succeeded by slender pods containing poisonous seeds. The hard timber is sometimes used as an ebony substitute. Native to Central and Southern Europe, laburnums have been widely planted as ornamentals.
- Genus Laburnum, family Leguminosae
- In a really well-furnished country garden the laburnums are equal in splendour to any trees that are grown.
- The only thing I have heard about laburnums is that they can seed around like crazy.
- It's something that laburnums suffer from and I fear that once you've got it, it will spread very rapidly through all the other laburnums.
Words that rhyme with laburnumsternum
Definition of laburnum in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan