Definition of lacertilian in English:
A reptile of the suborder Lacertilia; a lizard.
- Among prehistoric lacertilians were the gecko Ardeosaurus and the monitor Megalania.
- Supposed lacertilian tracks have been reported from a single site in the Navajo.
- This page gives you lots of information, with pictures, of the various kinds of lacertilians.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to or denoting lacertilians.
- Of greatest interest here, however, is the function of the lacertilian mesotarsal joint.
- In this pattern the tarsus of diadectids most closely approximates the lacertilian mesotarsal joint in structure and probable function.
- Therefore, following the convention used by Rewcastle, the immobile, unified lacertilian crus-astragalocalcaneum will be referred to here as simply the crus.
Definition of lacertilian in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India