Definition of lacewing in English:
A slender, delicate insect with large clear membranous wings. Both the adults and larvae are typically predators of aphids.
- Several families in the order Neuroptera, in particular Chrysopidae (the green lacewings)
- That is why right now is one of the best times to begin releasing green lacewings into your garden.
- To introduce green lacewings into a garden start early in the season as soon as pest insects are detected.
- Natural predators such as ladybirds and lacewings love to eat aphids, but they can be scarce.
Definition of lacewing in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia