(also laciniated /-ˌātid/)
adjectiveBotany & Zoology
- Divided into deep narrow irregular segments.More example sentences
- That species also has laciniate petals and is similar in many ways, however it is not found inland.
- The trilobed to laciniate tepals resemble those of certain species of Chorizanthe.
- The huge flowers are very showy with laciniated or fringed edges.
mid 18th century: from Latin lacinia 'fringe, hem, flap of a garment' + -ate2.
More definitions of laciniateDefinition of laciniate in:
- The British & World English dictionary