- 1Lacking in vitality, force, or conviction; uninspired or uninspiring: no excuses were made for the team’s lackluster performanceMore example sentences
- Janis Joplin is the only artist at the top of her game; most of the other groups give lackluster and bland performances of their songs.
- It's better to have loved and lost than to be in a lacklustre and uninspiring relationship for the rest of your life.
- Duncan Smith's uninspiring leadership and his lacklustre shadow cabinet failed to make any initial impact on the electorate.
- 1.1(Of the hair or the eyes) not shining; dull.More example sentences
- The coffee was strong, her grey eyes lacklustre, her dull hair stringy, just like during the torn days.
- What's the best way to add sparkle to lacklustre hair?
- He comes nearer and nearer, sizes up his victim with his bulging lacklustre eyes and drives it mad.