noun (plural Ladakhis)
1A native or inhabitant of Ladakh.
- Traditional Ladakhi compost toilets used no water, and rural Ladakhis knew that such a scarce resource must be used carefully.
- Furthermore, she says, ‘one of the lessons that any foreigner working here learns is don't try and come in and tell the Ladakhis what to do.
- The changes wrought on the Ladakhis over the last few decades, she says now, ‘brought them a great sense of cultural inferiority.
Relating to Ladakh, the Ladakhis, or their language.
- Maulana Umar Gotu Nadwi, Imam of Jama Masjid Leh and Llam Konchu Pandey, an expert in Ladakhi language, are putting in their joint effort towards this.
- A few hours later after a long dizzying climb up a goat path, we sat together over a simple feast of tea and piping hot ground-wheat Ladakhi bread spread with butter and local apricot jam.
- At 3700m, Prinkiti is a low pass by Ladakhi standards.
The name in Ladakhi.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of Ladakhi in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.