Definition of ladyfish in English:
noun (plural same or ladyfishes)
- Redfish, snook, cobia and ladyfish are the main targets at this time of the year and we also took a couple of plaice and ‘sea-trout’.
- And you can add exciting game species such as bluefish, ladyfish and jackfish.
- Trolling these sardines tight inshore also accounts for lizardfish, high leaping ladyfish, plus the occasional amberjack when over any rocky ground.
- All three of us planned to fish the Gulf of Mexico for sea trout, ladyfish, Spanish mackerel and redfish.
- Two morphs of ladyfish exist in the western North Atlantic and adjacent waters: Elops saurus, a high-count morph (79-87 myomeres or vertebrae) in the north, and Elops sp., a low-count morph (73-78 myomeres or vertebrae) in the south.
- The best fish for this is called ladyfish (don't ask), not available here, so we go for snappers.
Definition of ladyfish in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan