Definition of lake trout in English:
Any of a number of fishes of the salmon family that live in large lakes and are highly prized as a game fish and as food.
- ● A North American char (Salvelinus namaycush, family Salmonidae). ● A European brown trout of a large race.
- Larger and deeper lakes, with oxygenated hypolimnions, will also have one or two larger salmonids, usually lake trout or landlocked Atlantic salmon, along with burbot and slimy sculpin.
- In tributaries feeding the lake, brook trout competed with young bull trout for food and in the lake, lake trout preyed on bull trout.
- The highest levels of omega - 3 fatty acids are in mackerel, lake trout, herring, sardines, albacore tuna and salmon.
Definition of lake trout in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India