Definition of lake trout in English:
Any of a number of fishes of the salmon family that live in large lakes and are highly prized as a game fish and as food.
- ● A North American char (Salvelinus namaycush, family Salmonidae). ● A European brown trout of a large race.
- Larger and deeper lakes, with oxygenated hypolimnions, will also have one or two larger salmonids, usually lake trout or landlocked Atlantic salmon, along with burbot and slimy sculpin.
- In tributaries feeding the lake, brook trout competed with young bull trout for food and in the lake, lake trout preyed on bull trout.
- The highest levels of omega - 3 fatty acids are in mackerel, lake trout, herring, sardines, albacore tuna and salmon.
Definition of lake trout in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.