1.1A sparkling red wine made from the Lambrusco grape.
- Classic tinned wines included Liebfraumilch, Hock, Lambrusco, anything sweet and feminine and not likely to taste foul after being stored in an aluminium container for several months.
- It's funny, but over there no one has heard of the horrible sweet Lambrusco we drink in the UK.
- ‘White with chicken and red with beef’ may have steered your parents safely through a torrential sea of Lambrusco and Liebfraumilch, but that just doesn't cut it anymore.
1.2A red or white wine similar to Lambrusco produced elsewhere.
- Valdadige, a long stretch of the Adige river, including a part of the Alto Adige and a north western chunk of the Veneto, is the DOC for predominantly a red blend of Schiava and Lambrusco and a white blend of various international varieties.
- Then, the very next morning, there's a report in the paper from a so-called health expert explaining how even a sip of Lambrusco every three weeks can be risky.
- I wanted to purchase a crisp, dry Lambrusco, but I've been thwarted.
Italian, literally 'grape of the wild vine'.
Words that rhyme with LambruscoCuzco
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of Lambrusco in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.